Wednesday, May 27, 2015

New Reality Show, The Briefcase, Premiers Today!! @CBSTweet

I recently had the opportunity of previewing a new reality show called, The Briefcase. The concept was so interesting that though I sat down to only skim the episode, I found myself viewing the whole thing in one sitting. And I think when you see what this is about, you will be as enthralled as I was. Take a look and make sure to get the details for the premier tonight!




CBS announces the new reality show THE BRIEFCASE, featuring hard-working American families experiencing financial setbacks who are presented with a briefcase containing a large sum of money and a potentially life-altering decision: they can keep all of the money for themselves, or give all or part of it to another family in need. 

The series premieres Wednesday, May 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

“THE BRIEFCASE is an eye-opening look into what matters most in people’s lives, taking the audience on an emotional roller coaster ride with a shocking ending each week,” said THE BRIEFCASE Creator and Executive Producer Dave Broome. “I've been incredibly impressed by just how generous Americans are, even with shrinking paychecks and rising debt, when there’s little left to give.”

Each week, two families have 72 hours to learn details about each other’s challenging circumstances and make the weighty decision of what to do with $101,000.  However, what they don’t know is that the family with whom they are considering sharing this financial windfall received an identical briefcase with the same instructions. Throughout their journeys, relationships within both families will be tested and beliefs questioned as they find out what really matters most in their lives, and how much importance they place on values such as love, generosity, compassion and faith.


THE BRIEFCASE is produced by 25/7 Productions and distributed by Sony Pictures Television. Dave Broome (Creator and Executive Producer, THE BIGGEST LOSER) and Faye Stapleton are executive producers. 

Now don't get me wrong, I have no clue what I would do if I was put in the shoes of these people. Can you imagine being handed that amount of money and being told that you could keep it? Or give it away to someone in need? I would like to think I would make the right choice, or the one I believe would be the right decision, but in reality, none of us knows what our decisions would be until we were put in that place. The two families shown below I was able to see as they were put into this hard place and given the choices of their lives. And believe me when I say that these decisions are very hard. One spouse is worried about their family while the other spouse wants to give most of it away. Both spouses get to make decisions about the money and I found myself at a loss while watching it. And yes, there were some funny moments but also life changing moments. It isn't just about the money, but the friendships you make in life.

Bergin Family

Joe: Ice Cream Truck Owner     
Kim: Part-Time Event Planner   
Three children, ages 15, 13 and 12
Matthews, N.C.
After Joe was laid off from his corporate job 10 years ago, he and his wife, Kim, started an ice cream truck business which is struggling.     

Bronson Family

Dave: Injured Retired Iraq Vet
Cara: Nurse
One child, age 3, with another on the way
Manchester, N.H.
Dave is an American hero whose Humvee exploded when he was in Iraq and he lost his leg. He and his wife, Cara, are expecting their second child this summer. Living on one income with a growing family has put a significant amount of stress on the Bronsons.

BE SURE TO WATCH THE PREMIER WEDNESDAY EVENING, MAY 27TH (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) ON CBS!





**DISCLOSURE: This post was written in conjunction with Beyond PR. I did receive payment but all thoughts are 100% mine. Please read my full disclosure policy HERE.**

3 comments:

Angie Bailey said...

I saw a preview of this recently and thought it looked interesting. I had no idea it would be on today though. I'll have to be sure to record it on my DVR and check it out.

KyLee said...

Wow this looks very interesting and thinking bout watching. I love tv shows like that... Have to remember to try watch it.. Ty for review

Ann Summerville said...

There was something similar to this a few years ago where a person interviewed a family and decided where the best place to budget the money to was i.e a child that wanted to go to college, family who wanted a vacation. One man talked to the family and then donated the money to a charity, leaving the family without anything. They in turn, really listened to the man's family and budgeted the money for true needs.
Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...