Saturday, November 3, 2012

The High Calling Newsletter Review

Well, I get a lot of different review requests but never had this before. I was asked to review The High Calling. Basically this is a newsletter that I found quite interesting. Check out my thoughts below!

The High Calling is, according to them: "an online magazine and community founded on the belief that God cares about our daily work. On our site, you’ll discover a broad range of articles, interviews, devotionals, and inspirational stories—all specifically created to help you find God in your work, family, and the broader culture. Our writers and bloggers tell engaging stories crafted to encourage you in the high calling of your daily work.
Honoring God in our daily work is much more than mere evangelism. Our work itself should be a testimony to our creator. That is why we encourage each other to remember the high calling of our daily work."

I have to tell you, this is a site that is great! Not only do you have the newsletter but you also have a whole site and forum dedicated to the high calling of your testimony at work and dealing with things at work. You can ask questions and read articles that will help you in your daily calling.

Now for the newsletter, I was given some archives to read through and base my review on. I checked out almost all of them as I love to read. It is amazing what good information I found in them! And not just for someone who is on the job, but as a woman who cares of a family daily, there were articles that were relevant to me. One of my favorite parts of the newsletter is the Featured Devotion section. There are questions for you to muse on and a prayer at the end. One of the articles I read was about how many people think that the important jobs are only those in full time ministry. But the author of this article brings up many good points on how this is not true Biblically.

The newsletter is easy to read and there are articles for everyone, but especially those in the workplace. Whether you are having problems, dealing with your co-workers, or you just need some encouragement to be a light for the Lord, this newsletter is something you should sign up for. The articles are Godly and have scriptures throughout them. I enjoyed just reading through the archives! I have subscribed to their newsletter as I think it will be good to read. If you are a writer, blogger, employee, or pretty much anyone who works a daily job, you will want to check out The High Calling.

According to FTC Regulations, I reviewed this newsletter through Handlebar Publishing. I will be receiving a gift card in exchange for my review. All opinions expressed are 100% mine. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...