Friday, October 12, 2012

When a Heart Stops by Lynette Eason

What a thriller! Lynette sure knows how to write a humdinger! When a Heart Stops is the second book in the Deadly Reunions series and I am anxiously awaiting the third one now. You can't do this to us!!


Spunky and outgoing, nothing much bothers medical examiner Serena Hopkins--except for the thought of falling in love again. But when a serial killer is picking off her former classmates, Serena's life becomes intertwined with her old high school crush, FBI agent Dominic Allen. Is the secret she's keeping putting her next on the killer's hit list? Can she trust Dominic with the truth before it's too late?

Intense, emotional, and fast-paced, When a Heart Stops will have readers up late as they race to the finish to find out what happens.

MY REVIEW-Everyone knows I am a sucker for a good suspense novel. I love them! Especially when you put in a bit of romance and some murders, maybe throw in some personal danger to the heroine, and I am all set! If you are anything like me, then this book is a definite buy for you. Lynette brings another novel that makes your heart thump and you turn the pages faster and faster to figure out who did it. And don't even get me started on the ending, of course it is a cliff hanger! No fair!!

This book stars Serena, who we met in the first book, When the Smoke Clears. And she gets to meet handsome FBI agent Dominic Allen. Aren't they always so handsome and dangerous in the books? Well, Dominic is no different. And he happens to be Serena's crush ever since she was younger. I liked Serena a lot and she has quite the spirit. She has a lot of mystery to her, if you remember from the first book. And this could come back and haunt her if she doesn't tell the right person. I am the type of person who tries to guess who the bad guy is and I have to tell you, I thought I had it figured out. But nope! Was totally wrong.

No more to tell or you won't need to get the book yourself. Just enough to make you interested:) Again, I am not just saying this, if you love a good suspense book, pick this one up! Lynette knows how to write an excellent mystery and the only problem I have now is waiting for the next one. A cliff hanger at the end of this one and many moons to wait for the ending. Keep them coming, Lynette! We love em!

Available October 2012  at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
I received a copy of this book for my review purposes. I did not receive any monetary compensation. All thoughts are 100% mine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...