Thursday, May 10, 2012

Vacation Time and Virginia Beach!

Well,that time of year is coming up where we all are planning our vacations. Where we want to go, what we want to do and who will go. I often like to plan where we go and what we will do while we are there. And while looking for a nice area, I ran across Virginia Beach. This area is a beautiful place and I kept coming back to it every time I really thought about it. Check out some of the neat features I found and places I would go below!



One of the first things I check when I want to go somewhere is the food. I mean, who wants to go on vacation and only eat fast food? Not me, that's for sure! With the beach area the seafood is abundant and this is something I would definitely try out. There are only three people in our family that like fish and I am one of them.
There are several local restaurants that just have that dining flair and there are also your regular diners that you can find pretty much anywhere. So whether you go out on a date with your spouse at Aldo's Ristorante for some fine dining or you have a fun time with the kids at Dough Boys California Pizza, you can have all your bases covered while in Virginia Beach!

My other must have at a vacation place is fun and interesting sight seeing places or tours. And believe me, by the time I was done checking out what is available to do while in Virginia Beach just made me want to go even more. There are things to do with the whole family or maybe that romantic evening with just your spouse;) So you can head to Grommet Island Park and Playground with the children and they could be busy there all day! This place is huge and even as an adult I was tempted. And you know how you plan for everything and then the rain comes and you can't go to the park? Well, VB has plenty of fun spots for those rainy days as well. From the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center to Laser Quest, there is still plenty to do. And one place we would definitely have to hit up is the Young Chefs Academy.

One other place I would have to visit before we left is the Cape Henry Lighthouse.
I have long been a fan of lighthouses and love taking pictures of them! My visit would not be complete without a stop here.

So, if you are looking for a place to vacation, check out Virginia Beach. You can plan your stay at Visit Virginia Beach and make all your stops ahead of time. Wonderful place to vacation!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach blogging program. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

Andi said...

I use to live in the Virgina Beach area it is nice but out of all the beach areas I have lived in . . . Orlando, FL; California coast line, and Oahu, Hawaii. Virginia Beach is not the best of the best. The beach area is poor at best. I would recommend going further south for your best beach experience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...