Thursday, April 26, 2012

Planning a Trip and Google Maps

I have to tell you, as someone who travels a lot, there is nothing better in my opinion, than Google Maps. Google maps marketing has gone way above and beyond and I always get my use out of them. It doesn't matter where you are going, but you can count on Google Maps!

I am the type of person that plans out everything ahead of time when I travel. From the obvious things like restaurants and hotels down to whether the road I am taking is a toll road and what towns we will be passing through. Check out some tips below on traveling and using Google Maps!

1.Route Your Trip
With Google Maps it is nice because you can route your whole trip and add destinations, mix them around, etc. Whether you are taking a long trip or just going a couple hours away, you can plan each spot of your trip.

2.Plan In Detail.
This is my favorite aspect of Google Maps. Say you are staying near the Louisville Airport and you want to know what restaurants are in the area? You can check all this through Google Maps! Put in your destination and then click the search nearby button. From that screen you can put in restaurants, hotels, attractions, etc. This is my favorite aspect!!

3.Check it Out.
This is something that is somewhat odd but you can actually see what the area looks like. When you are on the map, there is a little man you can move and actually get a picture of the area. This was very helpful recently on a trip where it said there was a grocery store but guess what? It was no longer there! The info is not all up to date but pretty accurate still.

So, if you are planning a vacation or a trip, check out Google Maps. You can't go wrong planning ahead!

I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog and was
compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Maryann D. said...

I think Google Maps is great. My son even likes to just play with it and look up all different areas. He actually taught me how to use it! It is definitely helpful and fun too.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Kristie said...

I do like Google Maps. I had a bad experience with Yahoo Maps once. Sigh! I like how you can view the satellite photos with Google also. I don't have a GPS with my phone so I rely on Google Maps quite a bit. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...