Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tips For Spreading Holiday Cheer!

Hi all! Social Moms is at it again:) This time they have teamed up with Hasbro. We are talking about how to spread holiday cheer this year. You know how it is with the holidays. You get worn out, tense, and feel spread very thin. Well, I would like to give some tips on how to keep the cheer going in your life, and how to spread it to others. I also have a really neat gift idea below that I think you will find pretty interesting.

1.Spend Quiet Time with Your Family
My number one tip is to spend time by yourself and with your family. We get so caught up in everything that we don't make sure to have quiet, quality time together. This will help keep your focus on what really matters.

2.Organize.
This really helps me. I always take the extra time to get up early and organize my day. That way I know exactly what I need to do. Maybe I need to run by the grocery store to pick up baking goods but I also need to grab fruit from the local farmers market? Well, helps to have a list.

3.Make Gifts for Friends.
This is something I like to do and someone was just asking me about. We like to do fruit baskets or baked goods for friends and neighbors. This always picks up someones spirits and lets them know they are remembered. It doesn't take much to make a nice little basket. You can also do gift cards but the baked goods seem to mean more.

4.Help Out
See if your local nursing home could use some help. Whether you sing a song with our family, go and read to someone, etc. the elderly in these homes are so often left out, even by their families. Spread the cheer and see what you can do to help out. Also, if you have a neighbor who doesn't seem to have anyone helping them, see what you can do. Do they need help putting up lights, taking a trip to the grocery store, etc? They will enjoy the help and you will feel so much better after having spent some time with them.

5.Toys For Children.
Our local store has a toy drive where you can buy toys for children. If you have the money but not the time, why not purchase a couple things? Or maybe you know a family who is tight on funds? Help out or see what you can do through your Church. I know many Churches have a list of people who could use a little bit of extra gifts or money.

Now, Hasbro has recently come out with a really neat gift. These are the Transformer Kre-O Toys. I think they would make great gifts! These toys make children think and use their imagination. That is the number one reason I like them. You can do all types of things with them but you have to imagine! I also like the they are for boys or girls. These are basically building toys that you can gift to either sex. You know my last point above? This is the type of toy any child would like:) I can just see the joy on their faces! The last reason I like these is that they are not real expensive. Yes you can go out and spend a lot of money on these sets, but there are also reasonably priced ones. Anyone can give their child this gift!

So, what about you? How do you spread the holiday cheer? Let me know in a comment below. Also let me know who you would give one of these sets to.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Hasbro blogging program, for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points and a KRE-O gift. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and don’t necessarily reflect the opinions of SocialMoms or Hasbro. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...