Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Child's Individual Sense of Style

Well, Social Moms is at it again! This time they have teamed up with JC Penney and back to school clothing:) I have a real fun experience this time of the year. With school starting up again the shopping gets to be very exciting! And boy am I serious about this:)

One thing we do in our house is shop at thrift stores a lot. This has really been something we enjoy and it is amazing the types of clothing you can find at these stores. For my child, she enjoys finding clothing that is modest and still defines who she is. And that normally means something that looks like a western girl. She likes to wear the prairie skirts and western blouses. So often when shopping this is what we look for.

The other really neat thing is she likes to be grown up. This ranges from a hair style to her dress. Often she asks for her hair to be done in a french braid and then she likes to put on an outfit that somewhat matches mine. This to me really shows that she is growing up. I don't want her to totally be grown up but this is part of the process. So long as she still looks like a little girl, that is fine with me.

I think one nice thing is that she still likes to have her own style. She may somewhat match me but in a different way, if that makes any sense:) She likes the two-fer tops that I often wear, but in a younger, more fitted style. She doesn't like a whole lot of jewelry and most of the time she only wears a little bit of lip balm. This defines who she is and what she stands for. A fresh, innocent little girl. She does like her purses and she has several that she swaps around. Some to match her colors for the day and some to match the style. Again, back to the western flair:) She has two purses just for those days!!

Overall, I love her individual style. She is one of a kind and definitely stands out in a crowd. Whether it is one of her western days or just an everyday look. We love shopping together, so long as there is not a lot of decision making to do:) Boy can that take a while! As I am sure most of you can sympathize with. But whether it is at a thrift store or a department store, we love to go shopping and pick out our own pieces of clothing.

What about you? Does your child have their own flair for dressing? Do they like to match you or maybe totally different styles:) Tell me about it in a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and jcpenney blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...