Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Blessed by Ann Gabhart Book Tour

This was a very interesting read for me. I know a lot about certain religions and denominations. But I have not read a whole lot about the Shakers. So I was excited to get to review this book and learn more about their culture along with getting a neat read:) Check out my thoughts of The Blessed below.

Trapped by obligation, one woman longs for the freedom of true love.

It is 1844 and Lacey Bishop's life is a tangled mess. When circumstances move Lacey to a nearby Shaker village, she is not prepared for the new life that awaits her. In the midst of her deep loneliness, Lacey works to fit in with this odd group. But everything shifts when she finds herself drawn to a Shaker man in a village where such relationships are forbidden.

Can Lacey ever find true happiness in this mysterious place?




MY REVIEW-Like I said above, this is not my normal genre of reading. Yes I read Christian fiction but it is normally a historical or mystery. This was about the Shakers. Ann gives a pretty good history of them in a little blurb in the beginning. Then you get into the story.

I really liked Lacey. She is going through difficulty and has a lot of trouble. I had an enjoyable time reading this book and I loved the history that was in it. It was almost more about the history of the Quakers than a romance and I thought that was interesting. Overall, it was a good book with neat characters. A little slow at times but I enjoyed it.

Available July 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

1 comment:

Josiah said...

Sounds good, although I don't necessarily care for Amish/Mennonite type books, this one may be okay

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...