Monday, June 13, 2011

Blogging Conference and Business Cards.


Seems like every day now I am seeing other bloggers talk about the Blogging Conferences or Blogger Events like them. I have yet to go to one:) But they really do look neat and I would love to go some day. I have been to a toy fair so I think it would be somewhat like this. Looking at the other bloggers who have been there, one thing they stress is to bring your business cards.

I would love to go to one of these conferences and I know by now I would definitely bring my business cards. Soooo many others have mentioned it and I wanted to talk about this for just a couple minutes here on my blog:) I know, I know, I have never been but I am going to give some hints and tips about it:D But just some foresight will really help the confusion and stress afterwords. Especially when you are trying to figure out why you have a business card for someone and you don't remember meeting them or talking to them.

I have learned to always carry my blog cards with me in my purse or wallet. It has become habit to make sure I have them with me. You never know who you will meet who is interested in your blog, or you all of a sudden run into a consultant for a company you have been wanting to work with! Keep them handy! One time I was out yard sailing and a woman was selling homemade jewelry. I passed her a business card and told her about the review blog. Come to find out, she was interested in a write up! Again, you never know who you will meet:)

One thing with going to a Blogger Conference is all the people you will meet who want to give you their business card! At the toy fair I went to, I got over 100 business cards from game companies, game makers, etc. Some of them were interested in blog features and blog reviews while others just wanted me to take a look at their game. BUT...once I got home, there were a ton of cards and many of them had no name on them and had no indication of what I wanted them for! That is where I learned to always have a pen handy as well:) On the back of the card I can write why I was given the card, if they were friendly and interested in a blog feature, or if it was something I probably wouldn't be interested in featuring on my blog. And do it right away! Once you leave that person, before talking to anyone else, mark this down. That way it is on the card and handy to flip over and read. Maybe mark the date on there and the name of the person you dealt with. That way you know who it was and what the exact information was you wanted from that specific card.

I know others will have more, better information as they have attended these conferences, but I wanted to give the information I had. This is helpful for any type of event and maybe the Blogger Conferences are different. Please leave a comment if you have any other hints or tips:) Also, if you are interested in reviewing the Tiny Prints Business Cards, please fill out this form. They are offering to let some people review their business cards:) You won't be disappointed! I often shop Tiny Prints and love their products! They are well made and are classy. One of my favorite designs in the business cards is the Simple Executive. It looks elegant yet simple. All the information in one place and easy to read.


4 comments:

Syed said...

Busines cards are very helpful for promote your business. So there are so many business ma'n used business cards for business advertising in media...
Plastic business cards

annunci lavoro hostess said...

I value your having time to speak about this. I am passionate concerning this topic and really enjoy understanding more about it.

Printing Service said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, really liked this article you have posted. I will return back for any new updates.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog color and article. thanks for your great blog and some latest picture of cards.

Clear business cards

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...