Thursday, April 21, 2011

New Christian Film Jerusalem Countdown w/Review!

Hi everyone,
I am really excited to tell you all about a new film that is coming out later this year! I am a big fan of replacing the secular movies with the Christian and this one was great:) I am sure you have heard of Jerusalem Countdown by John Hagee. If you haven't you just might want to pick up a copy. We have several in our library and this book is very good for research on the end times. I really like reading about this type of thing and I have a lot of books about Revelation, prophecy, the end times, etc. And this book is one of my favorites. So when I heard that a film was going to be produced based on this book, I knew I wanted to see it! And can you believe it, I was able to pre-screen it and tell you all about it:) I will give you the synopsis and then tell you what I thought about it.
When nuclear weapons are smuggled into America, FBI Agent Shane Daughtry (David A.R White) is faced with an impossible task -- find them before they are detonated. The clock is ticking and the only people who can help are a washed up arms dealer (Lee Majors), a converted Israeli Mossad Agent (Stacy Keach) and a by- the-book CIA Deputy Director (Randy Travis)

MY THOUGHTS-WOW! That is my first and foremost thought! This is a movie that any Christian needs to see and is even good for those who are not Christian. It will really get you to thinking about the coming events in the world and how they line up to Biblical prophecy. Yes this is somewhat of a thriller and the action is good but one of my favorite parts is the Biblical debate throughout it. Shane(well known from a couple other Christian films), plays his part well, though I have yet to see him not play a part good:) And I don't want to give anything away but this is a wonderful movie with lots of Biblical reference.

One of the things I was really impressed with was the Gospel message. Again, I don't want to give a spoiler but the message is very clear! It is brought up several times and in a very tactful way. If you have unsaved relatives this movie is something they can watch and still be interested. Between the action and the fast-pace of this film, you can't go wrong. The youngest in our family is 10 and I wasn't sure how well she would be able to keep up with things. But it kept her interest. I think she missed some points but overall she understood what was going on. It got me as well because it makes you think. Not only about where our world is headed but if I am doing everything I can to make sure my friends and family are ready for this.

Overall a wonderful film from Pure Flix! Great plot and fast pace. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD as this will be in my library. Way to go! If you want to view the trailer, please check it out on Youtube.

Thank you to Scott from Pureflix for allowing me to pre-screen this film. I did not receive any monetary compensation. All thoughts are 100% mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, a good christian film? that's a shocker. But I suppose it was gunna happen some time :P


Heres another faith based film, maybe you could review it as well?

(http://freedomist.com/2011/06/new-christian-movie-release-lion-of-judah-roars-june-3/)

Anonymous said...

David White is an awesome actor, I enjoy his movies and their timely messages.

mamabunny13 said...

I'd like to check this out!

Josiah said...

I've seen this film and it is very good and I agree the gospel message was very good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...