Thursday, December 2, 2010

10 Holiday Survival Tips

Well, TwitterMoms is at it again:) Need I tell you how much I like them! This time they have offered an opportunity with Tiny Prints. This company has lots of photo items including Tiny Prints Christmas Cards!! I love photo cards and these are nice quality cards.

Now, they are looking for holiday survival tips:) I am going to give you ten of mine and I am asking you to leave a comment with your holiday survival tip. During this holiday season, everyone needs some help with this. So, read on adn let me know what you think.

1.Plan Ahead.
Yes, I know. This seems to be always on my lists but this is a big survival tip during this rush around time. Make a plan of how you want to spend your time. Often we just get in the car and go shopping but if we plan ahead and schedule our time, we can get a lot more done and leave the stress out of it.

2.Shop Online.
This is one way I really like to get out of the stress. No crowds, no waiting in line and I can do it in my pajama's:) I am so glad to live in this day where we can do so much shopping online. Almost all my gifts have been bought over the internet. You can even look through ads online!

3.Do Your Research.
This may take some time, but look on the internet and see what stores are having what sales, who is having the most markdowns, etc. This cannot be said enough. It is no use for you to run to Wal-Mart for one item when Target has that same item plus 2 others you wanted. Take the time and research.

4.Take Time To Slow Down.
It seems like all we do is run, run, run. So slow down and have a coffee, soak in the tub, or chat with a friend. Often it is the little things in life that help us relax.

5.Prioritize.
Okay, not to get you in trouble with your children, but prioritize on what you need to do and what you need to get. Sometimes it is best to just say, "Hey, I need some time for me and the other things can wait right now." I know we all want what is best for our children, but sometimes they need to learn patience and that they don't always get what they want. Sure they want the newest video game or the highest priced MP3 Player, but maybe you decide to get the lower priced player or the next to the last game. Prioritize what you need.

6.Start Decorating Early.
Yep, I have seen several houses in my neighborhood that are already decorated for the Holidays. I want to look at them like they are nuts, but at the same time, they are ahead for the Holidays. So jump in and get the decorating done, the gifts wrapped and ready and then have your sitdown time when everyone else is rushing around:)

7.Have That Coffee Ready.
Make sure to have those sweets ready and the coffee in the pot for friends who drop by. Many cookie mixes can be made ahead of time and then frozen so you can pull them out and stick them in the oven. This really helps when friends stop by out of the blue. So, be ready for them.

8.Team Up With Friends.
Are you buying some of the same gifts as your friends? Maybe shopping at the same stores? Why not team up so one of them shops at one store while you shop at the other? This really helps save on time and stress.

9.Have The Children Get Involved.
So often the children get pushed out of the way during the Holiday season. Make that not happen and get them involved in the decorating, shopping, etc. It will help you and them both.

10.And, Shop for your Cards Online.
You knew I had to put this one in here:) Especially with Tiny Prints being involved in this post. They have tons of great cards and lots of designs. They also run deals so make sure to check them out.

So, what tips do you have? How do you survive the Holiday Season? Let me know in a comment. I am always happy to hear from my readers.


I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tiny Prints blogging program, making me eligible to get a $75 Tiny Prints gift certificate! For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I love shopping online. There are sites for free shipping. www.freeshipping.com and coupons at www.retailmenot.com. Plus there is Goodsearch/Gooshop where a portion of your purchase goes to a charity of your choice. Because I don't drive, I love shopping online. Thank you. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...