Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Five Helpful Tips for Holiday Tech Shopping.

Well, TwitterMoms is at it again:) You know how much I love them. They always have great opportunities and wonderful ways to work with companies. This time it is a program through Staples!! That's right:) And they want at least five tips on Holiday Tech Shopping. Well, I gotta tell you. I am not real big on tech shopping. But I have family who love the gadgets and all so I normally buy for them. So, I will tell you my hints and maybe you can tell me some of yours. I can use any and all help:)

1.Shop Around.
There are lots of stores that carry tech products. It used to be only certain stores carried them but now everyone is getting into them. Take your time and look around at what stores are carrying. Look at the flyers and check for deals or coupons coming up.

2.Do Your Research.
Many times children want the new thing or the new gadget that it "in" right now. But it is often not what your child needs. Research what people are saying about this certain product, look at reviews from people who have bought this or maybe ask someone who has one. So many times these tech toys and gadgets get bought and then rarely used. How often do they end up at a thrift store or in the garbage? Make sure you know what you are purchasing and if it is something they are really going to use. Often stores have one that you can look at and use there. Especially tech gadgets. Check them out and play around with them.

3.Go With Name Brands.
This always works best in the long run. I am not saying to buy the most expensive but make sure it is a quality brand. We recently bought MP3 players. Sure I didn't get the most expensive one out there, but I went with a brand I knew and trusted. It will last a while but I am not broke.

4.Plan Ahead.
Make sure you have a budget fixed with how much you want to spend. This will save you a lot of time and money in the long run. If you go in with a budget fixed in your mind, you won't even look at something that you don't event want! This is very important but not often done. Don't go in with the option of just looking around at the gadgets:) Go in with something specific in mind and go directly there.

5.Check Your Payment Options.
I mean this as in, check what stores have rebates, who has gift card offers, etc. Some stores offer a gift card when you buy a certain product. Others have a rewards card where you get so much back. And rebates are something you have to take the time for but they really help if you do them. If you are shopping online, make sure to shop through a place where you get cash back. They are all over the place and so easy to sign up for. Sometimes you can get as much as 10% cash back and especially with the Holidays, many are doing double cash back.

So, there are my five tips. Take your time and do your research. It pays off in the end. Let me know your tips for Holiday Tech shopping:)

I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Staples blogging program, making me eligible for a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

MaureenT said...

I could get lost...in a good way on their site. I would love Zenita's Whimsical Design Genuine Black Agate Ring. My daughter is crazy over rings, and this would make a wonderful gift for her.


alekee02[at]yahoo[dot]com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...