Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Price of Trust Book Review

What was going on? Was she allowing herself to think too much of this little town? Or just the people in it. She blushed as she remembered how her heart had sped up as Joe had sat next to her. Carly Richards is on the run. For the last two years, she's skipped from town to town, ducking her dangerous and well-informed ex-fiance every few weeks, never settling anywhere for long. With the death of her parents, Carly's vulnerability made her trust a man with an attractive facade, now that same man tracked her across the country, always nipping at her heels, preventing her from reaching out to anyone other than her God. Now she's in Montana, and surely that is far enough away from Texas and her abusive past that she can rest. But her emotional scars are reluctant to heal, and Carly resists the friendliness of those in the small town she lights upon, especially handsome farmer Joe Baird. Without a car and money, though, she has little choice but to dig in and begin building back up her savings so she can run once more. Caught in the circumstances, the kind people around her begin to creep into her softening heart. God is at work, and she has to trust him to not only take care of her, but care for the people she is learning to love. Carly must learn the Price of Trust.


I have a bad feeling when I get a book that is a debut novel. With all the reviews I write up it is kind of a feeling that the debut novel is not going to be as good or the writing will stink. Yes I know, kind of prejudiced but you know how it goes if you review books as well. Anyways, I was so surprised with this novel!! I loved it from the beginning. Amanda writes like a pro and I would never have known this was her debut novel. The thing I most enjoyed was the dialogue between Carly and Joe. They are so humorous and I found myself laughing more than once. I absolutely loved the whole book!! Joe is a sweet guy and Carly is very independent but at the same time learns to rely on someone other than herself and that not all guys are out to hurt her. This is a book I will be reading for a while down the road. Way to go Amanda!! I will definitely be on the lookout for your next book!!

1 comment:

The Frugal Free Gal said...

Following from my blog hop! I hope it brings you readers! They really are a lot of fun...check out my master blog hop list above my followers for all other hops! The Frugal Free Gal
(Thanks for spreading the word tomorrow!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...