Friday, September 24, 2010

Interview with Deborah Lynne



Tonight I have an interview with Deborah Lynne, author of Be Not Afraid. I will be posting my review of this book tomorrow. Was trying to get it done tonight but just too busy. It was a good book though:)


How long have you known you wanted to be an author?

In high school I wrote poems…love sick teenage poems…but my true calling to writing novels came after a car accident that kept me home from work for 3 months. I read so many novels that one day I said, “Lord, I could write one of these.” And then He gave me the title for my first romance “Accidental Romance” and I’ve been writing ever since. In the beginning I wrote for my pleasure, my mother’s and one dear friend. They read my completed novels—the first five anyway—and encouraged me to try and get published. Then after five years of writing, the Lord hooked me up with other writers and opened a whole new world to me.

Can you tell me a little bit about your newest book?

The idea for Be Not Afraid came to me one night when I was working the midnight shift at a trucking company. I’d only been a dispatcher for a short time but had written 3 mysteries by then. That night I heard a sound that had me slip out into the dark and try to find it. That’s when the idea hit me for a wonderful new mystery, actually suspense.

What if a woman dispatcher hears a sound in the middle of the night and when she goes out to search for it, she sees a killer doing his best, killing another woman. And because no one has lived to tell how he looks, she becomes his next target.

Not only does this put her life in jeopardy, but it endangers the place she works, her son’s life, and her friends. Being the victim, but survivor, of an abusive husband (policeman) who before taking his own life scared her for life, she finds it hard to trust policemen when her son’s and her life depends on it most. But what choice does she have?

When a reader gets done with your book, what do you want them to come away with?

When you trust God in ALL parts of your life, you can get through anything. He NEVER lets you down.

Is there a place you have always wanted to visit? A vacation spot, historical monument, overseas, etc?

I dream one day my husband and I will get to go to the Bahamas…or another island with white sands and God’s glorious waters all around. The only thing holding us back, is it’s the last place my husband dreams of. He doesn’t like sand or water…or going away from home for that matter. But one day….

If you could have dinner with 2 people, who would they be?

I’d choose Beth Moore and Gloria Copeland, if I have to narrow it down to two.

What one event would you love to be at? Historical or future?

One of the Copeland family conventions or one of Beth Moore’s teachings in person as they are taping instead of viewing it over a DVD second, but thank God for them. Beth Moore’s excitement for the Lord is something you pray will rub off on you.

Do you have a favorite hobby?

Writing was my hobby in the beginning, but it grew to be my passion. So now, I’d have to say I’ve been thinking of buying me a sewing machine and start back making clothes. I used to do it in high school, but did better making my own patterns then following those already created.

Is there something about you most people wouldn't know?

I don’t think so. Anyone who knows me…knows me. I’m an open book and I pray the light of the Lord shines through at all times—well at most times anyway. I know sometimes my flesh kicks in, sorry to say.

Do you have any suggestions for the aspiring writer?

Never stop writing and join a writer’s group as soon as you can. The public libraries in most cities have writer groups who meet regularly. If they don’t, talk to your closest librarian and try to start one at that library.

If you don’t already have a friend who is a writer, you don’t know what you are missing. They’ll talk for hours about a plot or a character with you, whereas most friends who don’t write, their eyes glaze over as they think, can’t this girl talk about anything else?

Any last thoughts for your readers?

I pray you enjoy every one of my books and I would love to hear from you. Go to my web site, www.author-deborahlynne.com and click on the contact page. There you can go to the comment section and make a comment on the book, the trailer, anything…and/or you can click on the email block and send me a private email. I would love to hear from you both ways. My web-site was just redesigned and the web master – Molly Moore, did an awesome job. Check it out.

And how can they connect with you?

You can go to my web site as I noted above, or you can email me at deblynne8@gmail.com . I’d love to hear from you either way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...